Dr. Nathan Pezda completed medical school training at Wayne State University, his ophthalmology residency at Kresge Eye Institute and a 2 year vitreoretinal fellowship at Saint Michael’s Hospital/University of Toronto. Dr. Pezda has participated in multiple research studies. His interests include: diabetic eye disease, macular degeneration, surgical treatment of diabetic retinopathy, complex retinal detachment, and uveitis/ocular inflammatory disorders.
Dr. Pezda is board certified in ophthalmology, a member of the Michigan Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons, the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Medical Association, and the American Society of Retinal Specialists.
Dr. Pezda has published a variety of articles in all areas of retinal disease. He is currently investigating therapies for age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. We are fortunate to have Dr. Pezda as a part of the team at Retina Specialists of Michigan. He is a great addition to the medical community of West Michigan.
- B.S. University of Michigan 2003
- M.Sc. Wayne State University School of Medicine 2004
- M.D. Wayne State University School of Medicine 2008
- Transitional Year, Sinai Grace Hospital, Detroit Medical Center 2009
- Ophthalmology Residency, Kresge Eye Institute, Wayne State University 2012
- Vitreoretinal Fellowship, St. Michael’s Hospital, University of Toronto 2014