Dr. Korot returned home to Michigan after completing his surgical retina training at Stanford. While there, he received numerous awards including the prestigious Michels fellowship presented to the top fellows in the country for recognition of research, medical and surgical training. He has been recognized as a “top 100“ rising star by The Ophthalmologist magazine. In his growing career, he has received multiple grant and awards, and has already published over 30 peer reviewed publications.
Dr. Korot is guided by the goal of maximally scaling improvements in patients’ lives through technology. His expertise in tech and medical AI is honed by his previous work at companies such as Google and startups. He is a frequent speaker at international conferences, and also innovates in the operating room having designed high-tech surgical tools.
He is also passionate about education and collaborative research, and is on faculty at Stanford University as an Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor. He is also an honorary researcher at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London UK. He is board certified in Ophthalmology and is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmologists, the American Society of Retinal Specialists, and the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology.
Dr. Korot is most excited to help patients navigate the entire journey with their medical and surgical retina problems, while integrating the newest technology for compassionate high-quality care!
- B.S. University of Michigan 2011
- M.D. Michigan State University College of Human Medicine 2015
- Transitional Year Residency, Beaumont Health 2016
- Ophthalmology Residency, Beaumont Health 2019
- AI Clinical Research Fellowship, Moorfields Eye Hospital London 2020
- Retina Surgery Fellowship, Stanford University Byers Eye Institute 2022: Michels, Heed, Gragoudas Awards
- Assistant Clinical Adjunct Professor, Stanford University 2022-Present